Its been a great year for young talented waiters, chefs and restaurateurs in Australia for 2014. Tonight the industry is coming together to celebrate these amazing young people at the annual Awards Evening being held at Stokehouse City in the heart of Melbourne.
Since having to write their applications earlier this year to multiple rounds of cook offs and wait offs, interviews, photography shoots and of course the Produce Tour to Tasmania our next generation industry leaders have learnt so much. Having the opportunity to connect with producers at the core of agriculture opens up a much wider understanding of the industry, just like being able to connect with like-minded driven young hospitality professionals.
The results for this year are as follows:
Electrolux Young Waiter of the Year 2014
- Winner Gerald Ryan, Brae Birragurra
- Runner Up Brooke Adey, Chianti Adelaide
- Highly Commended Shanteh Wong, Quay Sydney
Electrolux Young Chef of the Year 2014
- Winner George Tomlin, The Town Mouse Melbourne
- Runner Up Jake Kellie, The Commoner Melbourne
- Highly Commended Hanz Gueco, Café Paci Sydney
Electrolux Young Restaurateur of the Year 2014