Entries have now closed & we will be announcing the winners on Wednesday 06 April
explore your appetite winners announcement
Kate Bartholomew has won the 1st prize of the Epic Foodie Weekend
Kay-Lene Tan & Renee Roszbach have won the second prize
Dianne Cresp, Amy Dainton & Andrew Nguyen have won third prize
Nominate your local restaurateur, chef or waiter, let us know why you think they’re great and you + 1 could be on a dining adventure for 3 nights in Sydney in August
Do you like dining out, keeping your finger on the ‘hospitality’ pulse to find out who the next culinary stars will be? This is your chance for a VIP ‘dining pass’ to explore what makes our Australian talent so exceptional as our guest tasting their food and booze selections as well as rubbing shoulders front and centre at our awards night in August 2016. That’s the main prize, but we’ve also put some other pretty cool prizes on the table too…
All you have to do is nominate a young hospitality hero – your local restaurateur who has a place that you love, a waiter that made your dining experience an incredible one, or a young chef whose food you think rocks. Tell us their name, where they work and why you nominated them and you could be jetting to Sydney for a culinary weekend like no other. To be eligible for entry into the prize draw your nomination must include;
- the restaurateur/chef/waiter must work in a licensed premise
- provide your hospitality hero’s restaurant name, their position (waiter/chef/owner) and state
- answer the question in 25 words or less; ‘Tell us why they’re your hospitality hero’
- agree to be subscribed to our Appetite Bites newsletter
- nominations open 16-February 2016 & close on the 24-March-2016. Winners announced 04-April-2016
- you must be over 18
Once your nomination is received, we’ll be in contact with your young hospitality hero to let them know they’ve been nominated and invite them to apply to be the next Young Australian Restaurateur/Waiter/Chef of the Year
Explore your Appetite weekend experience for two in Sydney*
- Dine out at one of our #youngexcellence restaurants to the value of $500 on Saturday 06 August
- Be our guest at our national finalists dinner on Sunday 07 August
- Exclusive invitation to an industry only Awards night on Monday 08 August
- 3 nights accommodation at a 3/4 start hotel to the value of $200 per night
- Return economy airfares from your state capital city to Sydney courtesy of Virgin Australia
In addition to the weekend in Sydney
- Food or beverage masterclass in home state (or nearest major capital city)**
- Electrolux Masterpiece Collection courtesy of Electrolux valued at $1297
2ND PRIZE FOR 2 PEOPLE
- Dining experience at one of our #youngexcellence restaurants in your home state ($300)
- Electrolux Masterpiece Collection courtesy of Electrolux valued at $1297
3RD PRIZE FOR 3 PEOPLE
- Electrolux Masterpiece Collection courtesy of Electrolux valued at $1297
*Explore your Appetite weekend experience in Sydney to be taken on the 06/07/08 August 2016
**Flights and Accommodation not included
Electrolux Appetite for Excellence is Australia’s only national hospitality awards program that recognises and awards talented young chefs, waiters and restaurateurs who are the next generation of industry leaders. Applicants from all over Australia participate in cook-offs, wait-offs, hospitality industry think tanks and produce tours of leading Australian wine and food regions. The program culminates in a star studded awards event held in August where the next young chef, young waiter and young restaurateur of the year is crowned. Get behind your local young hospitality hero and nominate them for their chance to be the next Australian Young Chef, Young Waiter, Young Restaurateur of the year!
ELECTROLUX APPETITE FOR EXCELLENCE VOTING COMPETITION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Information on the offer and how to enter this Competition form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this Competition is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2. The Promoter is Electrolux Appetite for Excellence (“EAFE”) of 8 Danks St, Waterloo NSW 2017 ABN 20 106 833 121 and its agents in the Competition, including their officers, employees and agents (collectively called the “Promoter”). No correspondence received concerning this Competition will be entered into. Please refer to the mailing address nominated on the redemption site.
3. Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter, participating sales agents and agencies associated with this Competition are ineligible to claim. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
4. The Competition commences on 16 February 2016 at 09am AEST and closes on 24 March at 11:59 pm AEST (“Competition Period”).
5. This Competition is only open to Australian residents 18 years or over during the competition period to take part in the Electrolux Appetite for Excellence Voting Competition by ‘completing a valid vote’ (as per clause 6) on www.appetiteforexcellence.com
6. To complete a nomination you must:
• Visit the Appetite for Excellence website
• Complete the Explore your Appetite nomination form in full making sure you include;
Your first and last name
Your email address
The state you currently live in
Date of Birth
The nominated waiter/chef/restaurateur
Their contact/venue details
Answer to the question; Tell us why they’re your young hospitality hero in 25 words or less
7. Entry into prize draw is not limited and can be entered multiple times as long as each review is completed as per clause 6 in these T&Cs.
8. There are 6 prize winners all determined via a game of skill. The ‘Nominators Question’ prizes will be judged from the nominator’s submissions.
9. The judging of the ‘Nominators Question’ will take place at 1pm AEST 29th March 2016 at 8 Danks St, Waterloo NSW 2017. The winning entry will be selected on its written response, based 50% on creativity and 50% on written skill.
10. a) The ‘Nominators Question’ 1st prize winner will receive the Explore your Appetite weekend experience in Sydney to be held over the weekend of 6th, 7th & 8th August 2016; food & beverage masterclass; and an Electrolux Masterpiece Collection with the total prize pool valued at up to $2500 RRP. The prize will be allocated in 3 segments with the Explore Your Appetite weekend experience issued as a pre-booked itinerary, and Masterpiece Collection delivered to their home address. Food & beverage masterclass will be arranged within 12 months of notification directly with Electrolux Appetite for Excellence.
• Explore your Appetite weekend experience for two (2) includes:
o Dining experience for two (2) at one of our young excellence restaurants to the value of $500 on the 06-August-2016.
o Dinner event for two (2) with finalists the night before the awards night on the 07-August-2016.
o Exclusive invitation for two (2) to Awards night 08-August-2016.
o Three nights (2) three/four (3/4) star accommodation in a double room at a hotel in Sydney to the value of approx. $200 per night.
o Return economy airfares for two (2) to Sydney from winners home state capital city courtesy of Virgin Australia (including airport fees & taxes).
o Return shuttle bus transport for two (2) between Sydney airport and hotel.
o Return transfers for two (2) from Sydney hotel to the Awards night.
• Food or beverage masterclass in home state or nearest major capital city (airfares and accommodation not included).
• Electrolux Masterpiece Collection to the value of $1297.
The Explore your Appetite weekend experience is to be taken in Sydney over the weekend of 6th, 7th & 8th August 2016. The weekend experience is not transferable or refundable. If the winner is unable to participate in the Explore your Appetite weekend experience a restaurant gift voucher to the value of $500 (valid for 12 months) will be issued in lieu of this prize component. The other prize components will be issued as per the conditions set out in clause 10 a).
b) The ‘Nominator’s question’ two (2) x 2nd place prize winners will each receive a dining experience for two (2) to the value of $200 to be used in their home state; and one (1) Electrolux Masterpiece Collection to the value of $1297 RRP. The prize will be allocated in two segments with the dining experience in the form of a gift voucher valid for 12 months; and Masterpiece Collection delivered to their home address.
c) The ‘Nominator’s question’ two (2) x 3rd place prize winners will each one (1) Electrolux Masterpiece Collection to the value of $1297 RRP. The Masterpiece Collection will be delivered to their home.
11. The ‘Master Piece Collection pack’ will be delivered to the winners nominated address & will consist of 1 x Electrolux Masterpiece Collection Immersion Blender (RRP $219.00), 1 x Electrolux Masterpiece Collection Food Processor (RRP $649.00) & 1 x Electrolux Masterpiece Collection Jug Blender (RRP $429.00)
12. The judging will take place at 1pm AEST on the 29th March 2016 & the winners will be notified on the 04th April 2016 at 9am AEST by the email address given at point of entering their nomination into the competition.
13. The Promoter reserves the right to judge additional reserve entries and record them in order, in case an invalid entry or ineligible entry is drawn.
14. All bookings and documentation regarding the prize must be made via Appetite for Excellence. Redeeming the Explore your Appetite weekend experience prize is conditional on acceptance of the terms and conditions of travel as detailed by Appetite for Excellence and the airline carriers in accordance with normal travel practices. No portion of the prize is redeemable for cash. The prize is not refundable or transferable. Winner is responsible for any amendments fees issued by airlines or suppliers once booking is confirmed and ticketed. Any additional spending money, meals (other than those included in the prize) and any other ancillary costs, including but not limited to insurance and any applicable insurance excesses, not listed in the travel prize package descriptions above are the responsibility of the travel prize winner and his/her nominated traveling companions as incurred. It is the winner’s responsibility to organise transport to/from the airport departure/return point. Prize winner and travel companions must have valid travel insurance for their period of travel.
15. The maximum total prize pool is valued at up to RRP $9400.00. Prizes, or any unused portion of a prize, are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash, unless otherwise specified.
16. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of claims and claimants (including a claimant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any claimant who submits a claim that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the claim process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
17. Incomplete, indecipherable or illegible claims will be deemed invalid.
18. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
19. Any cost associated with accessing the Promoter’s website for the purpose of entry is the entrants.
20. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an entrant to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and will render all entries submitted by that entrant invalid.
21. The Promoter makes no guarantee of the availability of its web services and will not be held responsible for interruption of service that may interfere with the ability to participate in the Competition.
22. The Promoter is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone or network or lines, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, technical problems or traffic congestion on a mobile network, or any combination thereof, or any other technical failures including any damage to a claimant’s or any other person’s mobile device or computer related to, or resulting from, participation in this Competition or the downloading of any materials related to this Competition.
23. If there is an event beyond the Promoter’s control which causes an interruption to its processing of the Competition the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition subject to any written directions from a relevant Regulatory Authority.
24. Caution: any attempt to deliberately damage the Promoter’s Competition website or the information on the website, to cause malicious damage or interference with the normal functioning of the website, or to otherwise undermine the legitimate operation of this Competition may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, whether successful or not, the Promoter reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law. If the Promoter suffers loss or incurs any costs in connection with any breach of these conditions of entry or any other legal obligation by entrant claimant, the claimant agrees to indemnify the Promoter for those losses, damages and costs.
25. The Promoter will not be responsible for any incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete information communicated in the course of, or in connection with, this Competition if the deficiency is occasioned by any cause outside the reasonable control of the Promoter.
26. If for any reason this Competition is not capable of running as planned because of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, technical failures or any other causes beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Competition, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority made under applicable State or Territory legislation.
27. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify any provision of relevant legislation including the Competition and Consumer Act and the Australian Consumer Law in the Commonwealth, State and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”).
28. Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including for negligence) for any personal injury or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity) whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Competition, including, but not limited to, where arising out of the following: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any claim or gift that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in offer value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a claimant; or (f) use of a gift.