ELECTROLUX APPETITE FOR EXCELLENCE 2016 PEOPLE’S CHOICE AWARD
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Information on the offer and how to enter this Competition form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this Competition is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2. The Promoter is Electrolux Home Products Pty Ltd (“EHP”) of 163 O’Riordan Street, Mascot NSW 2020 ABN 51 004 762 341 and its agents in the Competition, including their officers, employees and agents (collectively called the “Promoter”). No correspondence received concerning this Competition will be entered into. Please refer to the mailing address nominated on the redemption site.
3. Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter, participating sales agents and agencies associated with this Competition are ineligible to claim. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
4.The Competition commences on 8th July 2016 at 2:00pm AEST and closes on 4th August 2016 at 2:00pm AEST (“Competition Period”).
5.This Competition is only open to Australian residents 18 years or over during the competition period to take part in the Electrolux Appetite for Excellence Voting Competition by ‘completing a valid vote’ (as per clause 6) on www.appetiteforexcellence.com
6. To complete a vote you must:
- Visit the Appetite for Excellence website
- Fill in the Electrolux People’s Choice Award form in full making sure you include:
- a.Your waiter/chef of choice
- b.Your first and last name
- c.Your email address
- d.Answer to the question: “Tell us why you think this young Chef or Waiter deserves to win.”
7. Entry into prize draw is not limited and can be entered multiple times as long as each review is completed as per clause 6 in these T&Cs.
8. Incomplete or indecipherable entries will be deemed invalid.
9.There are three (3) Major Prize Winners all determined via a game of skill. The first “Voter’s Question” prize will be judged from the voters’ submissions and the 2nd and 3rd ‘People’s Choice’ prizes will be awarded to one Chef and one Waiter who receive the most votes.
10. The judging of the ‘Voters Question’ will take place at 3pm AEST on 5th August 2016 at 257a Oxford St, Paddington NSW 2021. The winning entry will be selected on its written response, based 50% on creativity and 50% on written skill.
11. The ‘Voters Question’ winner will win a private cooking masterclass experience for themselves and two friends with Australian chef, Andy Allen, lunch for 3 x people with Andy Allen at the Three Blue Ducks restaurant in Rosebery, 3 x return economy flights to Sydney from a major capital city in Australia, and 1 x night accommodation in Sydney at a hotel of the promoter’s choice. The prize is valued at $3,500. The winner will be notified on 11 August 2016 by the email address given at point of entering their vote into the competition. The prize will take place at a date agreed by all parties (‘The Promoter’, Andy Allen and the winner). No additional transport, transfers, food or beverage is included.
12.The ‘People’s Choice’ Winners will be one Chef and one Waiter who receive the most consumer votes during the Competition Period. The entrants’ votes will be counted & winners determined at 1pm on 4th August 2016 at Hausmann Communications, 257A Oxford Street, Paddington, NSW, 2021. The Chef and Waiter winner names will be announced on the 8 August 2016 at the Electrolux Appetite for Excellence Awards night & on the Appetite for Excellence Website and social media channels.
13.The Chef & the Waiter who receive the most votes in the Promotion Period will each win Electrolux appliances of their choice, valued at up to $1,500RRP each in total. The appliances will be delivered to the winners’ nominated address.
14.Winners must select and redeem their prizes within six months of winning. If the winner cannot redeem their prize within the above nominated period, they will forfeit their prize and the Chef or the Waiter with the next highest votes will be awarded the prize.
15. All personal selections and documentation regarding the prize must be made via Hausmann Communications. No portion of the prize is redeemable for cash. The prize is not refundable or transferable.
16. The maximum total prize pool is valued at up to $6,500RRP.
17.The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of claims and claimants (including a claimant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any claimant who submits a claim that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the claim process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
18. Incomplete, indecipherable or illegible claims will be deemed invalid.
19. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
20. Any cost associated with accessing the Promoter’s website for the purpose of entry is the entrants.
21. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an entrant to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and will render all entries submitted by that entrant invalid.
22. The Promoter makes no guarantee of the availability of its web services and will not be held responsible for interruption of service that may interfere with the ability to participate in the Competition.
23. The Promoter is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone or network or lines, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, technical problems or traffic congestion on a mobile network, or any combination thereof, or any other technical failures including any damage to a claimant’s or any other person’s mobile device or computer related to, or resulting from, participation in this Competition or the downloading of any materials related to this Competition.
24. If there is an event beyond the Promoter’s control which causes an interruption to its processing of the Competition the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition subject to any written directions from a relevant Regulatory Authority.
25. Caution: any attempt to deliberately damage the Promoter’s Competition website or the information on the website, to cause malicious damage or interference with the normal functioning of the website, or to otherwise undermine the legitimate operation of this Competition may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, whether successful or not, the Promoter reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law. If the Promoter suffers loss or incurs any costs in connection with any breach of these conditions of entry or any other legal obligation by entrant claimant, the claimant agrees to indemnify the Promoter for those losses, damages and costs.
26. The Promoter will not be responsible for any incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete information communicated in the course of, or in connection with, this Competition if the deficiency is occasioned by any cause outside the reasonable control of the Promoter.
27. If for any reason this Competition is not capable of running as planned because of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, technical failures or any other causes beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Competition, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority made under applicable State or Territory legislation.
28. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify any provision of relevant legislation including the Competition and Consumer Act and the Australian Consumer Law in the Commonwealth, State and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”).
29. Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including for negligence) for any personal injury or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity) whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Competition, including, but not limited to, where arising out of the following: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any claim or gift that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in offer value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a claimant; or (f) use of a gift.