APPETITE FOR EXCELLENCE COMPETITION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Information on the offer and how to enter this Competition form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this Competition is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2. The Promoter is Appetite for Excellence (“AFE”) of 8 Danks St, Waterloo NSW 2017 ABN 20 106 833 121 and its agents in the Competition, including their officers, employees and agents (collectively called the “Promoter”). No correspondence received concerning this Competition will be entered into. Please refer to the mailing address nominated on the redemption site.
3. Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter, participating sales agents and agencies associated with this Competition are ineligible to claim. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
4. The Competition commences on 18 May 2017 at 09am AEST and closes on 04 June 2017 at 11:59pmAEST (“Competition Period”).
5. This Competition is only open to Australian residents 18 years or over during the competition period to take part in the Appetite for Excellence Competition by ‘completing a valid vote’ (as per clause 6) on www.appetiteforexcellence.com
6. To complete a nomination you must:
• Visit the Appetite for Excellence website
• Complete the Produce Tour nomination form in full making sure you include;
° Your first and last name
° Your email address
° The city you currently live in
° Your best contact number
° Answer to the question; Tell us one thing that you would love to learn from a farmer, harvester or fisher in 25 words or less
7. Entry into prize draw is not limited and can be one time only as per clause 6 in these T&Cs.
8. There are 2 prize winners all determined via a game of skill. The ‘Nominators Question’ prizes will be judged from the nominator’s submissions.
9. The judging of the ‘Nominators Question’ will take place 05 June 2017 at 3pm at 8 Danks St, Waterloo NSW 2017. The winning entry will be selected on its written response, based 50% on creativity and 50% on written skill.
10. a) The 2 ‘Nominators Question’ prize winners’ will receive a seat each on the culinary produce tour to be held from 02 – 08 July 2017 with the total prize pool valued at up to $2500 each. The prize will be part of Appetite for Excellence annual produce tour experience issued as a pre-booked itinerary.
• Produce Tour experience for each of the two (2) winners includes:
- Return economy airfares for each prize winner from their home state capital state city within Australia to Brisbane on the morning of Sunday 02 July courtesy of Virgin Australia (including airport fees & taxes). Departure airport yet to be determined but will either be Sunshine Coast or Brisbane
- All twin share accommodation whilst on produce tour as part of the pre-planned itinerary. Some or all accommodation is in regional areas inclusive of pub, motel, hotel, B&B, homestead or caravan parks depending upon availability in each region.
- Meals whilst on produce tour excluding alcohol. Please note that dietaries may not be able to be catered for whilst on this trip
- Transportation on the produce tour bus arranged by Appetite for Excellence.
10. b)The Appetite for Excellence Produce Tour experience is to be taken on 02 July – 08 July 2017 only. The Produce tour experience is not transferable or refundable. If the winner is unable to participate in the Produce Tour experience a restaurant gift voucher to the value of $300 (valid for 12 months) will be issued in lieu of this prize component. The other prize components will be issued as per the conditions set out in clause 10 a).
11. The judging will take place at 3pm AEST on the 05 June 2017 & the winners will be notified on the 06 June 2017 at 9am AEST by the email address given at point of entering their nomination into the competition.
12. The Promoter reserves the right to judge additional reserve entries and record them in order, in case an invalid entry or ineligible entry is drawn.
13. Redeeming the Produce Tour experience prize is conditional on acceptance of the terms and conditions of travel as detailed by Appetite for Excellence and the airline carriers in accordance with normal travel practices. No portion of the prize is redeemable for cash. The prize is not refundable or transferable. Winner is responsible for any amendments fees issued by airlines or suppliers once booking is confirmed and ticketed. Any additional spending money, meals (other than those included in the prize) and any other ancillary costs, including but not limited to insurance and any applicable insurance excesses, not listed in the travel prize package descriptions above are the responsibility of the travel prize winner as incurred. It is the winner’s responsibility to organise transport to/from the airport departure/return point. Prize winners must have valid travel insurance for their period of travel.
14. The maximum total prize pool is valued at up to RRP $2500.00 per winner. Prizes, or any unused portion of a prize, are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash, unless otherwise specified.
15. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of claims and claimants (including a claimant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any claimant who submits a claim that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the claim process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
16. Incomplete, indecipherable or illegible claims will be deemed invalid.
17. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
18. Any cost associated with accessing the Promoter’s website for the purpose of entry is the entrants.
19. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an entrant to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and will render all entries submitted by that entrant invalid.
20. The Promoter makes no guarantee of the availability of its web services and will not be held responsible for interruption of service that may interfere with the ability to participate in the Competition.
21. The Promoter is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone or network or lines, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, technical problems or traffic congestion on a mobile network, or any combination thereof, or any other technical failures including any damage to a claimant’s or any other person’s mobile device or computer related to, or resulting from, participation in this Competition or the downloading of any materials related to this Competition.
22. If there is an event beyond the Promoter’s control which causes an interruption to its processing of the Competition the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition subject to any written directions from a relevant Regulatory Authority.
23. Caution: any attempt to deliberately damage the Promoter’s Competition website or the information on the website, to cause malicious damage or interference with the normal functioning of the website, or to otherwise undermine the legitimate operation of this Competition may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, whether successful or not, the Promoter reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law. If the Promoter suffers loss or incurs any costs in connection with any breach of these conditions of entry or any other legal obligation by entrant claimant, the claimant agrees to indemnify the Promoter for those losses, damages and costs.
24. The Promoter will not be responsible for any incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete information communicated in the course of, or in connection with, this Competition if the deficiency is occasioned by any cause outside the reasonable control of the Promoter.
25. If for any reason this Competition is not capable of running as planned because of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, technical failures or any other causes beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Competition, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority made under applicable State or Territory legislation.
26. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify any provision of relevant legislation including the Competition and Consumer Act and the Australian Consumer Law in the Commonwealth, State and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”).
27. Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including for negligence) for any personal injury or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity) whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Competition, including, but not limited to, where arising out of the following: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any claim or gift that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in offer value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a claimant; or (f) use of a gift.