below is the basic overview of the rules. for the full set of rules (terms and conditions) please go to the end of this page
the rules – young waiters
- are aged 30 years or under on Tuesday 09-Aug-16 and are over 18 years old
- who are currently working professionally within the restaurant or catering industry in Australia on a full time basis or equivalent for a minimum of 18 months
- are currently working in an establishment that holds a liquor licence
- who have completed and hold the nationally recognised Responsible Service of Alcohol Certificate (RSA)
- will need to be available on the all dates listed in the program dates – check them out here
- for young waiters who are the owner, or part owner of a restaurant/hospitality business with a liquor licence should consider applying for young restaurateur of the year
- are not the owner, or part owner of a restaurant/hospitality business or a hospitality trainer/teacher on a casual, part time or full time basis
- are an Australian Citizen or permanent resident
the rules – application
- all application questions must be answered unless stated as ‘optional’ for it to be valid for judging and must be submitted by 11:59 pm Thursday 31-Mar-16 AEST
- a one off application fee of $49 is paid by 11:59 pm Thursday 31-Mar-16 AEST
- with your application you must submit all of the supporting documents as listed here in docs & templates
the rules – judging
- state finalists will sit an exam style paper. the paper will involve a blind tasting and food matching component that will not form part of your final score and is there solely for the judges to ascertain where your wine skills are sitting for the wine & food matching masterclass to be taken throughout the course of judging.
- each state finalist will have the chance to showcase their service skills in a restaurant service during the wait off.
- the announcement of the 6-7 national finalists will take place at the conclusion of the 2 days of young waiter judging and after your individual interviews.
- the announcement of the young waiter of year; runner up and highly commended will take place on the 8-Aug-16 at the Appetite for Excellence awards event.
- the judges decision is final and will not be taken into question
THE FULL SET OF RULES (T&C’S)
To download the full set of terms & conditions click here Young Waiter Terms & Conditions 2016